Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Moong Dal Khichdi recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Moong Dal Khichdi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Moong Dal Khichdi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Cooking Basics for Beginners .
Once it comes to cooking, then it’s very important to keep in mind that every one started somewhere. I do not know of a single person who came to be with a wooden cooking spoon and ready to go. There’s a great deal of learning that needs to be done as a way to develop into a prolific cook and there is obviously room for advancement. Not only can you will need to begin with the basics when it comes to cooking but you nearly should start after understanding how to cook a new cuisine such as Chinese, Chinese, Thai, or Indian food.
The good news is that once you’ve learned the fundamentals of cooking it’s improbable you will ever need to displace them. This means you can always buildup and expand your cooking abilities. Since you find new recipes and improve your culinary abilities and talents you’ll discover that preparing your own meals from scratch is far more rewarding than preparing pre packaged meals which can be purchased from the shelves of your regional supermarkets.
You will also discover as your experience and confidence grows that you will see yourself more and more regularly improvising while you go and adjusting recipes to fulfill your individual preferences. If you’d like less or more of ingredients or wish to make a recipe somewhat more or less spicy in flavor you can make simple alterations along the way so as to attain this goal. Put simply you will begin punctually to create meals of your individual. And that’s something which you may not fundamentally learn when it has to do with basic cooking skills for newbies but you would never know if you didn’t master those simple cooking abilities.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to moong dal khichdi recipe. You can cook moong dal khichdi using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Moong Dal Khichdi:
- Take 1/2 cup kolam/basmati rice
- Get 1/2 cup moong dal
- Use 4 cup water
- You need 1 tbsp ghee
- You need 1 small piece cinnamon
- Provide 2 cloves
- You need 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Take Pinch asafoetida
- Use to taste Salt
- Prepare 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Provide 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Prepare 1 tsp coriander powder
Instructions to make Moong Dal Khichdi:
- Mix the rice and dal and wash it 2 times. Add 4 cups water to it and soak for half an hour.
- In a cooker, heat ghee, add cinnamon, cloves, cumin, asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix it. Now add soaked rice-dal. Lastly add salt and coriander powder. Stir and mix well.
- Cover the lid of cooker and let it cook till 4 whistles.
- Let the steam release. Open the lid and stir the khichdi. Serve hot with kadhi, pickle and papad.
If you find this Moong Dal Khichdi recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.