Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Custard Cake / Flan Cake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Custard Cake / Flan Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Custard Cake / Flan Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Interesting Cooking.
Much too often we get caught up from the necessity of cooking in order to eat and your investment total joy which may be seen through the action of cooking. Ofcourse this is not restricted by stovetop cooking. There are a number of men and women all over the world that find baking for a very pleasurable pastime as well as traditional stovetop cooking and sometimes maybe barbecuing to a grill. The principal distinction occurs in the way you perceive your own cooking endeavors.
As deficiencies in confidence is slightly more difficult to handle having a few’dinner parties' in which your quests may compliment your culinary talents can often fix this particular issue. The key in this process is to plan your menu and remain well within your safe place. You will be astonished at the superbly rich and delicious meals that can be ready with almost no effort if you are prepared to sift through the exact recipe novels in order to locate them.
Cooking for fun is really the only means to cook. For those who have difficulties when it comes to choosing the pleasure and entertainment value of cooking, then perhaps it’s time that you draw some pleasure back into your kitchen. If you’re barbecuing, placed on some Jimmy Buffet and dancing on your kitchen. In the event you are cooking Italian find a few great Italian music to set the mood. Bring the fun back in to your own kitchen and you’ll realize that cooking is a joy as opposed to a chore.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to custard cake / flan cake recipe. You can cook custard cake / flan cake using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Custard Cake / Flan Cake:
- Take Sponge Cake Layer
- Get Meringue
- Get 3 eggwhites
- You need 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- Take 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Use Sponge base
- Provide 3 egg yoks
- Get 1/2 cup powdered sugar, shifted
- Get 1/4 cup oil
- You need 1/4 cup water
- Use 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Use 1 cup cake or all-purpose flour
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare Custard Layer
- Prepare 8 egg yolks
- Take 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Use 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Prepare 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Provide 1/8 tsp salt
- Prepare Caramel Layer
- Take 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Instructions to make Custard Cake / Flan Cake:
- Make a caramel. Pour the sugar on a skellet and let it melt until liquid on medium heat.
- Pour your caramel into your baking pan. Use a round 8 inch baking pan for this recipe.
- In a separate bowl. Mix all the custard ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the custard mixture into the baking pan with caramel. Dont mix!
- Make the base for the sponge cake. In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar with the egg yolks until smooth. Then add the oil, water and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the shifted flour and salt. Mix until you dont see any white powder left. Dont overmix.
- Make the meringue in a separate bowl. Beat the eggwhites, powdered sugar and cream of tartar until soft peak.
- Take 1/3 of the meringue and mix by folding the into the sponge base. Fold the rest 1/3 at a time.
- Pour the sponge cake on top of the custard mixture. Don't mix!
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil to keep the water from the cake.
- Steam for 50 minutes. Check if the sponge cake layer is cooked using the toothpick test. Steam for another 10 minutes if the sponge cake layer is still wet.
- Once done steaming, remove the pan from the oven and carefully remove the foil so to not drop some water on to the cake. Immediately run a knife around the side of the cake to release it from the pan.
- Use a serving plate that can accommodate the size of your custard cake. Place it on the pan and quickly but carefully flip the pan and plate together. Quickly so not to spill the caramel.
- Let it cool for a few minutes at room temperature. Chill before serving.
If you find this Custard Cake / Flan Cake recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.