Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Gateaux Basque recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Gateaux Basque recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gateaux Basque recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Pleasure Cooking.
Way too often we get swept up at the significance of cooking in order to eat and forget the total joy which can be located through the act of cooking. Of course this isn’t restricted by stovetop cooking. There are a number of men and women all over the world that find baking for a very pleasurable pastime as well as traditional stovetop cooking and sometimes maybe barbecuing on a grill. The main distinction does occur in the manner in which you perceive your cooking projects.
While this question is asked somewhat rhetorically, it’s a question that you should ask yourself and answer. Do you start cooking as a job or duty or do you view it like a project? There’s something a lot more exciting about embarking on a new project than becoming around into a loathsome chore. Should you view cooking as a chore that the more important question might be why?
Cooking for fun is really the only real means to cook. For those who have difficulties in regards to finding the enjoyment and entertainment price of cooking, perhaps it’s time that you bring some pleasure back in your kitchen. If you are barbecuing, placed on some Jimmy Buffet and dancing around your kitchen. If you’re cooking Italian find some nice Italian music to establish the mood. Bring the pleasure back in your own kitchen and you will find that cooking is a pleasure rather than a chore.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to gateaux basque recipe. To make gateaux basque you need 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Gateaux Basque:
- Use 250 g plain flour
- Prepare 200 g caster sugar
- Get 150 g unsalted butter
- Take zest of one lemon
- Take zest of one orange
- Get 1 egg
- Get 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Take 1 tsp baking powder
- Take 2 tbsp fruit preserves
- You need 1 tsp icing sugar for decoration
Instructions to make Gateaux Basque:
- Put the flour, sugar, butter, baking powder and zests and mix in a food processor until it becomes crumbly
- Next, add the egg and almond extract and continue to gently mix until it becomes doughy
- Split into 2 equal parts and put one in the fridge to chill
- Press the remaining ball of dough evenly into a greased cake tin to form the base
- Then spread your fruit preserves around the center. I used strawberry jam here
- Retrieve the chilled ball of dough from the fridge and carefully roll out into a circle the will fit on top of your base. Add a bit of flour here to stop things sticking
- Place the rolled dough on top of the base, then trim any leftovers and press the edges to seal
- Put in the 200C oven for 15-20 mins or until browned
- Allow to fully cool then sprinkle some icing sugar over the top and serve
If you find this Gateaux Basque recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.