Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Maple and Almond Granola recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Maple and Almond Granola recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Maple and Almond Granola recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Interesting Cooking.
Far too often we get caught up from the necessity of cooking in order to eat and forget the absolute joy that can be found through the act of cooking. Ofcourse this is not confined by stovetop cooking. There are many women and men across the world who find baking to be a very pleasurable pastime as well as classic stovetop cooking and sometimes even barbecuing on a barbecue. The major distinction occurs in how you perceive your own cooking projects.
While this particular question is asked somewhat rhetorically, it’s a question that you should think about and answer. Do you start cooking as a chore or obligation or would you view it for a job? There’s something far more exciting about embarking on a new job than getting around to a loathsome job. If you do view cooking as a job that the important question might be why?
Cooking for pleasure is truly the only way to cook. If you have difficulties in regards to choosing the pleasure and entertainment worth of cooking, then perhaps it’s time that you draw some pleasure back into your kitchen. If you’re barbecuing, placed on some Jimmy Buffet and dancing on your kitchen. In the event you are cooking Italian find a few nice Italian music to set the mood. Bring the fun back in your kitchen and you will discover that cooking can be really a joy rather than a chore.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to maple and almond granola recipe. To cook maple and almond granola you need 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Maple and Almond Granola:
- You need 60 ml vegetable or coconut oil
- Provide 60 ml maple syrup or honey, or a mixture of both
- You need 1/2 tsp salt
- Use 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Provide 250 g rolled oats or a mixture of oats and oatmeal
- You need 250 g mixed nuts and seeds of your choice, roughly chopped if necessary (I used flaked almonds, cashew pieces and sunflower seeds)
- Prepare 1 tbsp demerara sugar (optional)
- Provide 50 g coconut shavings (I didn't have any so I added 50g more seeds)
- Take mixed chopped dried fruit of your choice (optional)
Steps to make Maple and Almond Granola:
- Pour the oil, syrup or honey, salt and vanilla in a small pan and heat gently. Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3.
- Measure out the oats, nuts and seeds in a large bowl.
- Pour the oil and syrup mixture into the bowl and mix with the dry ingredients until they are thoroughly coated. Taste, and add the sugar if you wish, it adds another level of crunch, but leave it out if you don't want the granola to be too sweet. Spread the mixture out on a large baking tray lined with baking parchment. Use two trays if necessary.
- Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes, then turn the paper over on all four sides to pile the granola in the middle, then spread out evenly again. This will help it crisp up evenly. Bake for another 10 minutes, but keep an eye on it. Turn over again one or two times if necessary.
- When crisp and golden all over remove from the oven. The granola won't be crisp while hot, so test on a cooled piece. Mix in the dried fruit while warm if using.
- Leave on the tray to cool completely before pouring into a jar. Serve with ice cold milk or fruit juice or yogurt and fresh fruit, or just eat from the jar!
If you find this Maple and Almond Granola recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.