Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Cooking Basics for Newbies .
Once it comes to cooking, then it’s very important to remember that everyone started somewhere. I do not know of one person who was born with a wooden cooking spoon and all set. There’s a whole lot of learning that needs to be done in order to become a prolific cook and there is obviously room for advancement. Not only do you will need to start with the basics when it comes to cooking but you almost should begin again when learning to cook a brand fresh cuisine such as Chinese, Thai, or Indian food.
Another excellent bit of advice when it comes to cooking basics is to try more straightforward recipes for some time and expand your own horizons into the more complex recipes which abound. Most recipes are going to have little note in their level of difficulty also you’ll be able to go the recipe to find out whether it is something you’re interested in preparing or certain you could prepare. Remember Rome was not built in a day and it’ll take a relatively good time to create a reliable’repertoire' of recipes to work to your meal planning spinning.
Additionally you will find as your experience and confidence grows you will find your self more and more usually improvising as you move and adapting recipes to fulfill your individual preferences. If you prefer less or more of ingredients or want to create a recipe a little less or more spicy in flavor that can be made simple alterations along the way so as to attain this goal. In other words you will begin punctually to create recipes of your individual. And that is something you wont fundamentally learn when it has to do with basic cooking skills for beginners however you would never learn if you did not master those simple cooking abilities.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kentucky inspired fried taters with cheese and bacon recipe. To make kentucky inspired fried taters with cheese and bacon you need 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon:
- Prepare 2 large whole potatoes - if russets, peel. If a thin-skinned potato, your call
- Use 2 Tbsps kosher salt
- Get 4 slices thick-cut bacon - diced
- Use 1 shallot or small onion - quartered and sliced thin
- You need OPTIONAL: ~1 scant cup other veggies if you like (I don’t do this but it’s your dinner - BE A BOSS!!)
- Take to taste Salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- Use 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I like to mix medium cheddar and Monterey Jack - and I like to use more cheese 🧀🧀🧀)
- Take ~1-2 or more Tbsps butter (your call if you use salted or unsalted butter - just NO margarine)
- Use Beverage of your choice
Steps to make Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon:
- Par-cook your taters. I like to put mine in a saucepan, cover with cold water and add the 2 Tbsps kosher salt. Bring to a boil and cook for ~10 mins. Remove taters, set aside to cool completely (at least 3 hours - can be done a few days in advance and chilled). Then cut in half lengthwise and slice into 1/2 inch “half moons”. Set aside.
- Pour yourself a drink - you deserve it. You’re making dinner!!
- In a large fry pan, cook diced bacon low and slow (well, actually medium low heat) to render out the fat (you’ll need ~ 3 Tbsps fat). Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and add to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add to the bacon fat your sliced shallots or onion (and veggies if you so choose). Sauté on medium heat until tender. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Take sip - I’m thirsty! 🍹🍹
- Add 1 Tbsps butter to the fry pan and add your first layer of cooled tater-half-moons. Do NOT crowd the pan. Season lightly with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Brown to your liking on one side, then flip and and brown lightly. Remove to a separate plate. Repeat with following layers, add more butter if needed. Keep going until the last layer of potatoes are in the fry pan and flipped.
- Add all the fried taters and veggies back to the pan and cover with cheese. Turn heat down to low or medium-low (you know your stove) and cover with a lid for ~3-5 mins until cheese is melted. Or if you prefer brown and bubbly, put your OVEN-SAFE pan under the broiler uncovered for a few minutes (DO NOT LEAVE UNSUPERVISED - or have really good home/renters insurance)
- Phew!!!! That was stressful! I need a drink.
- Top your amazing taters and cheese with the cooked bacon. By this time you need a refill 🍸. Then plate and enjoy!
If you find this Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.