Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Pathrade Colocasia Rolls in coconut gravy with Mutton Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pathrade Colocasia Rolls in coconut gravy with Mutton Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pathrade Colocasia Rolls in coconut gravy with Mutton Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Cooking Basics for Newbies .
When it comes to cooking, it’s necessary to remember that everybody else started somewhere. I do not know of a single person who came to be with a wooden cooking spoon and ready to go. There is a whole lot of learning which must be done in order to be prolific cook and there is obviously room for advancement. Not only would you will need to start with the basics in terms of cooking however, you almost should begin again when understanding how to cook a brand new cuisine such as Chinese, Indian, Thai, or Indian food.
Still another fantastic piece of advice in regards to cooking staples would be to take to more straightforward recipes for some time and then expand your horizons to the complex recipes that abound. Most recipes are going to have little note about their degree of difficulty and you’ll be able to go the recipe to determine whether it is something you are interested in preparing or certain that you can prepare. Remember Rome was not built in one time and it’ll take a relatively good time to build a reliable’repertoire' of recipes to work into your meal preparation spinning.
You will also find as your experience and confidence grows you will see yourself more and more usually improvising as you go along with adjusting meals to meet your personal preferences. If you’d like less or more of ingredients or want to create a recipe somewhat more or less spicy in flavor you can make simple adjustments on the way in order to attain this objective. Quite simply you will begin punctually to create snacks of one’s personal. And that is something that you won’t necessarily learn when it has to do with basic cooking skills for novices however you would never know if you didn’t master those basic cooking skills.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pathrade colocasia rolls in coconut gravy with mutton chicken recipe. You can have pathrade colocasia rolls in coconut gravy with mutton chicken using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pathrade Colocasia Rolls in coconut gravy with Mutton Chicken:
- Take 20 colocasia / Arvi/ Taro leaves
- Use 1 cup boiled rice (mota chaval)
- Take 1/4 cup raw rice
- Take 2 tbsp. green gram
- Prepare 3 long dried red chillies
- Get 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Prepare 2 tsp Tamarind
- Prepare To taste Salt
- Prepare as needed Few banana or almond or uppalige leaves to wrap
- Get Ingredients for the gravy
- Provide 1 1/2 cup grated coconut (juicy top layer)
- You need 2 cups coconut milk
- Use 5 short dried red chillies
- Provide 3 long dried red chillies
- Use 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- Prepare 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Prepare 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- Get 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Provide 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- Take 5 cloves
- You need 5-6 garlic cloves
- You need 3 medium onions
- Take 2 tbsp Ghee
- Prepare 2 tsp Tamarind
- Provide to taste Salt
- Provide 250 gm Pre cooked mutton/ chicken
Steps to make Pathrade Colocasia Rolls in coconut gravy with Mutton Chicken:
- Wash boiled rice (mota chaval), raw rice and green gram 3 to 4 times and then soak in water for about 4-6 hours. Later strain water and grind into a smooth batter adding little water and chillies, cumin and tamarind. Batter should be in thick consistency.
- Pat clean colocasia leaves and shred them into thin strips. Add the leaves into the rice batter. Add salt as per taste. Mix well.
- Take clean banana leaves or almond tree leaves or local uppalige leaves and spread enough rice-leaves mixture in the center and make rolls. Fold the leaves like pockets. Place these rolls in a steaming pot with boiling water.
- Steam for about 30 to 45 minutes. Insert a tooth pick and check. If it comes out clean the pathrode is cooked. Set aside.
- Heat a pan. Dry roast coconut, chillies, coriander, cumin,fenugreek, cinnamon, cloves and garlic along with one sliced onion until translucent. Allow to cool.
- Grind the roasted ingredients adding tamarind and turmeric powder into a smooth paste, adding enough water.
- In a earthen pot/ thick bottomed vessel transfer the masala paste. Add enough water to get running consistency. Add one sliced onion and salt as per taste. Bring this to a boil. Add pre cooked mutton or chicken
- Open the colocasia rolls and slice into 1 inch thickness slices. Add the slices into boiling gravy. Bring to a good boil. Finally add 2 cups coconut milk. Keep stirring to avoid curdling of milk. Reduce the flame and bring the gravy into a small boil.
- Heat a seasoning pan with Ghee. Add one sliced onion and brown it. Pour this hot seasoning over the gravy. Cover and keep for 2 hours before serving to absorb all the flavours.
If you find this Pathrade Colocasia Rolls in coconut gravy with Mutton Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.